Recipe by Lainey39
From my mother-in-law's recipe box. I like to make them during the holidays, but they are good anytime. They are crunchy, sweet and nutty. Prep time does not include chilling or cooling time.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
very good, I think they might have needed a little more peanut butter (just personal preference) didn't have any chocolate bars handy so I microwaved 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed with 1 tablespoon shortening until melted and smooth, thanks for sharing hon, my peanut-butter loving DS enjoyed these!...Kitten:)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (4 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a star disk, press dough 2 inches apart into long strips on an ungreased baking sheets.
- Cut each strip into 2-inch pieces (do not separate pieces).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy bars, stir until smooth.
- Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate, then into peanuts.
- Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.