Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My kids like this one and I was really surprised.
Top Review by LonghornMama
We've tried lots of peanut butter pasta recipes and this one was a little different and more kid-friendly. Without chili oil it's pretty plain. I would reduce the stock to 1/2 cup to start as it made the sauce a little too runny even after standing. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (low-sodlum if you are a salt watcher)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 ounces spiral shaped pasta or 10 ounces rotini pasta, cooked, drained and kept warm
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- chili oil or Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 7 ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Toss the warm pasta and peas together in a mixing bowl; add the sauce and toss well.
- Add in chili oil or Tabasco sauce to taste if you want a spicier flavor.
- **note--the peanut butter sauce thickens as it stands. Mix in a little water if the dish sits awhile before serving, or before serving leftovers the next day.