Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a heavy soup pot.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until just soft.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Slowly blend in the broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain and return the broth to the pot.
- Slowly whisk in the peanut butter and the cream.
- Simmer for 15 minutes longer.
- Serve warm.