Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy and fast - Elegant enough for company, fun enough for Kids.
- 1 leek, cleaned,sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon good quality curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 4 (10 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky peanut butter (I use Laura Scudders All Natural)
- salt and pepper
- Saute leek in butter until soft.
- Add flour and curry powder stirring until cooked slightly, do not brown.
- Add sherry- cook gently until roux has thickened.
- Add Chicken broth.
- Heat stirring occasionally.
- Add Peanut butter after soup comes to a simmer, stir until melted. then taste to adjust seasonings