Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sounds questionable but tastes wonderful.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat butter in pan, stir in flour, cook for several min stir well.
- Remove pan from heat stir in milk/cream then place on stove and bring to boil (at this stage do not feed the cat or take out the garbage) until smooth and thick.
- Again stirring to keep sauce smooth.
- Add bay leaves.
- Put Peanut butter in a bowl and add a little of the sauce, stir in gradually then return contents of bowl to pan; add stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat again, stirring all the while.
- Simmer for a few minutes, then serve.
Just made a double batch of this and ate WAY too much of it! It's very rich, even though I used 1% milk. Tomorrow I'm going to steam a head of cauliflower and add that to the rest of the soup. That will cut the richness. I always have these ingredients on hand and will make this again! It reminds me of cream of mushroom soup (which I love.) Thank you! I never would have though of this on my own...
I had this in New Orleans about 7 years ago, have never been able to figure out what went in it! This is TO DIE FOR!! Thank You, you saved my husband a trip to New Orleans to get a recipe!