Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
These cookies are sure to cure the cravings of both peanut butter lovers and chocoholics alike.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Snickers Giant Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 small Snickers candy bars
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, shortening and peanut butter; beat until creamy.
- Add vanilla and egg. Beat well.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture and mix together well.
- Shape 1/3 cup of dough around each candy bar, making sure that bar is completely covered.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
YUMMY!!! I made these this afternoon to take to a party this evening(it's a little boy's FIRST b'day party). I did not have butter flavour shortening, so I used margarine instead. Now about the dough mixture- This was enough for 9 Snicker bars for me. The tenth one went back into the refrigerator,lol. I made these in an oven that was pre-heated to 200C. I baked these for 21 minutes(a bit too long bcoz I now notice that the base of these bars tends to get burnt if baked for 5 mins. longer). That was a big mistake on my part, I should've stopped at 16 minutes, which I will do next time and in future. Now I must tell you that I can't wait to try a recipe once it's ready, and, I just had to take a small bite of these bars. Oh magnificent! When warm and out of the oven, the chocolate and peanut butter creamy and all melted taste oh sooo good! You have to be thanked alot for a yummy recipe. I'm taking these to the party tonight and I can bet, these will be gone in 60 seconds;)! THANKS THANKS AND MANY MORE THANKS for a tasty treat!
Why have I never tried these before? OMG, they were sooooo darn good. Particularly warm out of the oven with a big glass of milk. I pretty much followed the recipe except I made much smaller cookies and used more mini snickers bars. Simply awesome! I'll be making these soon again for our Labor Day weekend bash! Thanks for sharing!
There are only two things that would make this recipe better. 1: Where does the Butter Crisco used in this recipe it is up top but nothing in instructions as the if it goes in the batter? 2: The yield based on this recipe is incorrect, I doubled the recipe and i was short 5 cookies. I used a measuring cup so i know they exact 1/3 c.
3.You may mention how many giant cookies to put on the baking sheet at once so they expand correctly. (I only put 3 per pan)
We are trying to make them w mini resees too we will let u know how they are.