Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
WOW! So good! This is LOVE in a jar! hehehe Great for gift giving and a GREAT project for kids of all ages! Wonderful to do on a rainy day or ANY day. You will need to attach a card to the jar with the directions to finish the 'smores'. I like to print them out, hole punch and thread on some raffia. Tie the raffia and card around the mason jar and give as a gift!
Top Review by wigglebritches
These taste Yummy! I increased the graham crackers to 1 1/2 pkg or 1 1/2 cup as this is less soupy. Increasing the graham crackers make the jar very snug, with the marshmallow kinda squashed at the top, but may solve the problems some people are having.
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 10 graham crackers or 10 chocolate graham crackers or 10 cinnamon graham crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer each ingredient in the above order in a canning jar. The graham crackers need to be crushed into crumbs before layering on top. A food processor works great but so does a zip top bag and a heavy object to smash or rollover the bag. FREE aggression therapy! lol.
- Attach these instructions to jar: Empty contents of jar into a bowl adding 1/2 cup (1 stick ) room temp butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix well and gently pat into a greased 9x9 or 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Makes 9 to 12 bars.
- NOTE: Butter needs to be room temperature Do not use tub margarine. Please use real butter for best results. :).