Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe I recommend for family functions.
- 1 graham cracker crust, for 9-inch pie
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a medium saucepan, cook sugar, chocolate, milk, corn syrup together, stirring occasionally, to the soft ball stage (see below), or about 234° to 240° on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter.
- Beat lightly for a few minutes; pour into bottom of pie crust.
- Chill thoroughly before filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk.
- Fold in whipped topping until well blended.
- Spoon into fudge-layered pie crust and garnish with chocolate curls and/or chopped peanuts.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.