Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
While out on a date one afternoon, my husband and I had some peanut butter pie with our dessert. I told him I didn't really like it because it tasted fake and that I could make a better one. I modified a French Silk Pie recipe that I had found, added some ganache to the bottom of the pie crust and this is the result. It is super rich, so small slices are recommended. I use raw eggs, as I can get fresh laid eggs from pet chickens, please us pasteurized if you have to get your eggs from the grocery store.
- 1 baked pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for garnish
- caramel sauce, for drizzling
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Whip the butter & peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar & vanilla, whip until combined.
- Add the eggs ONE at a time, beating for 3 minutes after each egg. (This is important for it to be fluffy!) Scrape the bowl between each egg.
- Nuke the whipping cream for 45 seconds to 1 minute (it should be very hot.)
- Add the 1/2 cup of choc chips, let melt and whisk together until smooth. Pour the ganache into the bottom of your cooled pie crust.
- Top with the pb mixture, refrigerate.
- Let it chill for 3 hours (overnight is even better), drizzle with caramel sauce, garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
This pie is so AWESOME! The biggest problem I had was trying to stop eating it... Great recipe chef! ; )
This recipe was easy to make compared to other similar recipes I've tried. It is quite rich but a small slice with a big glass of milk and it was the perfect dessert. Thanks for sharing!