While out on a date one afternoon, my husband and I had some peanut butter pie with our dessert. I told him I didn't really like it because it tasted fake and that I could make a better one. I modified a French Silk Pie recipe that I had found, added some ganache to the bottom of the pie crust and this is the result. It is super rich, so small slices are recommended. I use raw eggs, as I can get fresh laid eggs from pet chickens, please us pasteurized if you have to get your eggs from the grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip the butter & peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- 2Add the sugar & vanilla, whip until combined.
- 3Add the eggs ONE at a time, beating for 3 minutes after each egg. (This is important for it to be fluffy!) Scrape the bowl between each egg.
- 4Nuke the whipping cream for 45 seconds to 1 minute (it should be very hot.)
- 5Add the 1/2 cup of choc chips, let melt and whisk together until smooth. Pour the ganache into the bottom of your cooled pie crust.
- 6Top with the pb mixture, refrigerate.
- 7Let it chill for 3 hours (overnight is even better), drizzle with caramel sauce, garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Silk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.7
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 368.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 11.3 g