Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
be sure to not brown..these are delicate and delicious if you happen to like shortbread
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed with mixer till creamy -- gradually add sugar, beating well.stir in vanilla.
- combine flour and salt, gradually add to butter mixture -- beating at low speed till blended.
- roll dough to 1/2" thickness on lightly floured surface.cut with desired cutter.and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake at 275* for 45 minutes -- .
My husband ate 3 of these hot from the oven - a sure sign of a successful recipe.
These cookies are very easy to make. Instead of using cookies cutters, I flatten the dough out into a large disc and cut pie-shaped pieces and then bake it. I will often melt chocolate in a zipper baggie in the microwave and then drizzle the chocolate on top of the shortbread triangles. So tasty! It is also easy to cut this recipe down into smaller batches as well.