Attention all peanut-butter lovers, I urge you not to pass this one up, this is a wonderful moist cake with delicious peanut butter frosting :) Servings are only estimated depending on the the size of the slices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed (or use 2 cups white sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Set oven to 350°F (oven rack set to second-lowest position).
- 2Line the bottom of a 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl stir together flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon (if using).
- 4In a saucepan combine water with 3/4 cup butter; bring to a boil; remove from heat then stir in peanut butter and oil; mix until completely blended, then add/stir into the flour mixture until combined.
- 5In a bowl mix together eggs with buttermilk and vanilla until completely combined, then stir into the peanut butter/flour mixture until combined (batter will be thin).
- 6Spread the batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 18-25 minutes or until cake tests done (watch closely this cake bakes quickly!).
- 8Cool cake in pan completely.
- 9For the frosting; in a large bowl beat butter with peanut butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 10Beat in the whipping cream until combined.
- 11Add in 1/2 cup confectioners sugar to start then beat in the remaining confectioners sugar adding in more if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- 12Spread over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Sheet Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.0
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 180.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g