Rachael Ray's recipe
Make and share this Peanut Butter Sesame Noodles (Rachael Ray) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons tamari, eyeball it (dark soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 lb spaghetti, cooked and rinsed under cold water
- 1 tablespoon light sesame seeds, toasted over medium-low heat for 3 minutes (optional)
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, heat the peanut butter in the microwave oven until melted, about 15-20 seconds (or heat peanut butter over low heat on stove until mushy).
- Whisk honey and tamari into the peanut butter, then whisk in the sesame oil and the ginger.
- Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, and top with the sesame seeds, if you want to go really groovy with the noodles.
- If you want to bump up the crunch factor, add some shredded carrots, scallions, bean sprouts or other veggies.
I had a small amount of peanut butter left from making Christmas cookies and not much else in the house because I need to go shopping. So, I decided to try this out since it was mostly things I keep in my cupboard. I used reduced sodium soy sauce but other than that I followed everything to the letter. It was so easy and really yummy. I threw a handful of skin on peanuts into it but next time I would like to make more of a salad out of it with some crunchie veg.
I made this last night. It turned out awesome! I used whole wheat linguine which added to the nutty flavour. I added some coleslaw mix, green onions and crushed peanuts. Thanks for posting. I will be making this again!