Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A new way to fix spaghetti! From Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except peanut butter.
- Bring to boil.
- Then stir in peanut butter.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until fairly thick, stirring occasionally.
- Makes 3 cups, or enough for 1 pound spaghetti.
- Note: Serve this on hot cooked spaghetti with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Intresting sauce, but a good change of pace. I enjoyed it ontop of some rice. However, next time, I might add a TBS of sugar. This I will keep to use again
I really thought the ingredients looked pretty strange, but I had all of them on hand so I decided to go for it. The sauce turned out really good! The peanut butter gave it a very distinct taste and a great texture. I would make this again.
this is an interesting combination of ingredients. the peanut butter flavor is distinct. i added 2 pinches of cayenne pepper which kind of blended the flavors together a bit more, and served this over perciatelli.