Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Years ago while visiting my brother in California he took me for my first peanut butter sundae. Heaven!
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup crisco butter shortening
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In 1-quart saucepan blend brown sugar, corn syrup and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Blend in peanut butter until melted. Gradually blend in milk until mixture is smooth. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture returns to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm.