Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good sauce on ice cream, cheesecakes, etc...
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, salt and milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add peanut butter; mix well.
- Remove from heat, let cool, then add vanilla.
As written, I felt this recipe was too thin and too sweet. I added about 3 more Tbls. of peanut butter and more salt and then it was to die for! We couldn't get enough of it! Especially good when combined with Hot Fudge Sauce on a sundae.