Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 mins
Another hit recipe that everyone loves! These rich and moist cookies take time and patience to prepare. These cookies sandwich a thin layer of peanut butter, and almost remind me of Nutter Butter cookies... but only better! Kids love them!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening and peanut butter, until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Blend in syrup and milk.
- Shape into 2-inch rolls; chill until hard.
- Cut 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place half of the slices on ungreased cookie sheet; spread each with 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter.
- Cover with remaining slices; seal edges with fork.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly and remove from sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.