1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
This is a super cookie devised by Linda Weber, Fine Cooking, issue #43. She suggests using a smooth peanut butter. The 'stuff' in the middle is divine!
My Private Note
2 1/2 i ...
Units: US | Metric
For the cookies
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, completely softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
For the filling
- 1To make the cookies: Heat the oven to 350°F
- 2Line two baking sheets with parchment. In a medium bowl, sift together the two flours, baking soda and salt.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and egg; continue creaming until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes with an electric mixer (longer by hand). Stir in the flour mixture by hand just until it's incorporated; don't over mix or the cookies will be tough. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter, spaced about 2-inches apart, onto the lined baking sheets. With floured fingers, flatten each dab of batter into a 2-inch round.
- 4Bake until the cookies are puffed and golden, 12- 14 minutes, rotating the baking sheets if needed for even baking. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool.
- 5While the cookies cool, make the filling: In a small bowl, cream the confectioners' sugar, butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the heavy cream; continue creaming until smooth and fluffy. Stir in the chopped peanuts and chocolate.
- 6To assemble: Transfer the cooled cookies to a work surface, flipping half of them over. With an offset spatula or a butter knife, spread a scant teaspoon of filling onto each turned-over cookie. Set another wafer on top of each filled cookie, pressing gently to spread the filling. Store sealed at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.5
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 175.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g