1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
"I work in our school office and help my husband on our hog and cattle farm. When I find time to bake a treat, I like it to be special. The creamy filling gives traditional peanut butter cookies a new twist." By Debbie Kokes. From Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- 3Shape into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 3/8 inch thickenss with a fork.
- 4Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.
- 5In a mixing bowl, beat filling ingreadients until smooth.
- 6Spread on half of the cookies and top each with another cookie.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g