Recipe by grandma2969
It must be the powdered sugar that gives these that melt in your mouth taste..
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups stick butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly pk light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and brown sugr, beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla and egg. With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in reserved flour mixture.
- Fold in nuts by hand.
- Form dough into 1 1/4" balls.
- Place balls, 2" apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. using your lightly floured palm, flatten each ball into a disk, 1 1/2" in diamter.
- Bake in a preheated 350* for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Let cookies, cool slightly on baking sheet, then use a spatulaa to transfer cookies to wire rack.
- Let cool completely.
- Cookies should be stored in an air tight container.