Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
I found this in the newspaper and since my DH is a real peanut butter fan, I couldn't resist it! My DD loves this! Try it and let me know how you like it.
Top Review by Ducky
Just finished a peanut butter jar so I had to try this. It is quite easy to put together. I used an 18 oz jar and 1 cup of oil. I did shake it for quite a while but there is still some peanut butter on the jar. DH really enjoyed this while I thought it was okay. It does seem to have an Asian flare to it. I wasn't sure what should be substituted for in the fat free version.
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- to taste light canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need 1 used-up peanut butter jar - DO NOT RINSE - be sure to leave a little around the sides for flavor. Place all ingredients in jar and then fill with oil almost to the top.
- Replace the lid and shake until no peanut butter clings to the sides of the jar.
- FAT-FREE VERSION:.
- Use left-over tea (any kind, even ordinary pekoe), or fruit juice such as lemonade, limeade or orange juice in place of some or all of the oil.
- To suit my family's tastes I add more fresh ginger, garlic and pepper than called for.