Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
For peanut butter lovers, this is a great way to use up leftover rice. White rice works fine too.
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml cooked brown rice
- 59.14 ml golden syrup
- 59.14-118.29 ml smooth peanut butter, according to your love of peanut butter
- 2.46-4.92 ml cinnamon
- 354.88 ml milk, warmed
- 118.29 ml evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml sultanas or 118.29 ml raisins
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and beat until well blended; add the milks & sultanas & mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish and put into a larger dish filled with about 1/2 inch hot water.
- Bake at 160.C for 20-25 mins, then stir to redistribute the rice and continue baking for a further 15-20 mins until the custard is set.
- Serve sprinkled with peanuts and whipped cream.
Absolutely outstanding! I reduced the recipe to 2 servings and actually got 4 nice servings. DH and I will be having leftovers tomorrow. I used brown rice and the full amount of peanut butter. Made for *ZWT 4*
This recipe got five stars from my husband and three from me, so I averaged the rating. I really liked that it is a healthy dessert and is not too sweet. It didn't wow me, but I did enjoy it and will probably make again. My DH had two sizeable helpings and said he loved it. My recommendation is to give it a try--it's worth it. Made and reviewed for ZWT4. Thanks for posting Mandy.
I was hoping for more sweetness, but I really liked the peanut butter flavor. I wasn't sure I would like the raisins in this, but they are a nice addition. I used 1/3 c. peanut butter and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Next time I will probably use the full teaspoon of cinnamon. I loved this idea, and I'll keep making it and adjusting. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Tag.