Recipe by **Mandy**
For peanut butter lovers, this is a great way to use up leftover rice. White rice works fine too.
Top Review by PaulaG
Absolutely outstanding! I reduced the recipe to 2 servings and actually got 4 nice servings. DH and I will be having leftovers tomorrow. I used brown rice and the full amount of peanut butter. Made for *ZWT 4*
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter, according to your love of peanut butter
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sultanas or 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients and beat until well blended; add the milks & sultanas & mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish and put into a larger dish filled with about 1/2 inch hot water.
- Bake at 160.C for 20-25 mins, then stir to redistribute the rice and continue baking for a further 15-20 mins until the custard is set.
- Serve sprinkled with peanuts and whipped cream.