Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a twist on an old family favorite recipe. Almost everyone loves Rice Crispy Treats. This one is from my Mother in law.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 12 ounces hershey's milk chocolate chips
- Heat the sugar, corn syrup and butter until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Press the mixture into the chilled 13 x 9 pan. Spread chocolate frosting on top. Chill in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate chips and spread on the bars immediately. I use the double boiler method for melting.
Finally, after searching recipe after recipe, I have finally found one that made the perfect peanut butter krispie treats. We used Recee's Peanut Butter in our's, and it turned out amazing.
This is the same recipe I grew up eating! We also just sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and let them melt on their own now. Quicker and less mess to clean up, I prefer this recipe as it isn't as sweet as the ones with butterscotch chips. YUM!!!!!
This is the way I like my rice krispies. I suppose this is a scotcharoo recipe without the butterscotch, which is ok by me. I grew up on the plain marshmallow version, but have come to prefer these. I also add a teaspoon of vanilla with the peanut butter and instead of melting the chocolate separately I dump the chips over the warm rice krispies and put them in a warm oven for a minute or two and then use a spatula to spread.