Recipe by janabear
My mother was making these treats 40 years ago for her kids. My college age nephew asked me to make a batch for him yesterday and they are so easy and fast to make. Much less time consuming than a batch of cookies. And yummy too.
Top Review by Ambervim
Dead sweet and delicious. I agree with not enough peanut butter comments below and need of salt. I used natural peanut butter ie peanuts are the only ingredient. I usually don't have corn syrup or rice krispies in the house so I decided to try them. If I make again, I will reduce sugar and increase peanut butter and add some salt.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or 6 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out the Rice Krispies in a large bowl (I use the largest I can set my hands on).
- Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in small saucepan and cook on medium heat until mixture begins to bubble on top.
- Take off heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Add mixture to Rice Krispies and stir until all the Krispies are coated, then pour into 9x11 or 9x13 baking dish. Smooth over with a spatula, let set for an hour or so and tada! (You might run a knife through warm water to help cut nice, clean squares).