Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend Val gave me this recipe. She got my kids hooked on them, so she had to! Sometimes I make them without the chocolate topping and they're still delicious.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup (light)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 16 ounces chocolate chips
- 16 ounces butterscotch chips
- Butter a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a large saucepan, mix the sugar& Karo syrup.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Add the Rice Krispies and mix until covered.
- Put into the buttered pan and lightly press.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cook both kinds of chips until melted.
- Pour on top of Krispies squares and spread to cover.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
I've been making these for years. I found this recipe when I discovered that marshmallows aren't vegetarian! I'm no longer vegetarian, but still love this recipe.
I liked these, as did my guests. For those of you who have a cement block instead of a treat, make sure that you dont put these in the fridge to cool! they can just set on the counter or something, but in the fridge they turn into little rocks! i really like the fact that you dont need marshmellows for this, because even tho it is a little more work, i can make them even if there are no marshmellows in the pantry
My Aunt Linda made these for us when we were kids. Now, I make them for my kids. We absolutely love them. I'm always asked to bring these to small get togethers. They never last long!