Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend Val gave me this recipe. She got my kids hooked on them, so she had to! Sometimes I make them without the chocolate topping and they're still delicious.
- Butter a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a large saucepan, mix the sugar& Karo syrup.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Add the Rice Krispies and mix until covered.
- Put into the buttered pan and lightly press.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cook both kinds of chips until melted.
- Pour on top of Krispies squares and spread to cover.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
I've been making these for years. I found this recipe when I discovered that marshmallows aren't vegetarian! I'm no longer vegetarian, but still love this recipe.
I liked these, as did my guests. For those of you who have a cement block instead of a treat, make sure that you dont put these in the fridge to cool! they can just set on the counter or something, but in the fridge they turn into little rocks! i really like the fact that you dont need marshmellows for this, because even tho it is a little more work, i can make them even if there are no marshmellows in the pantry
My Aunt Linda made these for us when we were kids. Now, I make them for my kids. We absolutely love them. I'm always asked to bring these to small get togethers. They never last long!