Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vegan take on a classic treat. From Your Vegan Mom blog.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1 pinch salt (if your peanut butter's not salted, then add another couple pinches)
- Lightly grease a 9 by 12 baking dish, and set aside.
- Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, brown rice syrup, and molasses until just melted and beginning to bubble.
- Stir in the peanut butter and salt and return to a boil.
- Pour hot peanut butter mixture over cereal and stir to combine.
- Press into prepared baking dish.
- Let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- You can eat them at this point or let them cool completely. Do not chill.