Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Peanut Butter and Chocolate rice crispy bars. I got the recipe from a friend of the family after years of begging for it. Everyone loves these, they have always been a big hit at the school sporting event snack stands.
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Measure out rice crispies and set aside in large bowl.
- In saucepan combine sugar and karo. Bring just to simmer, then add the peanut butter and stir. Do not let the sugar mixture boil.
- Stir peanut butter mixture into rice crispies and stir quickly. It will start to harden immediately. Pour mixture into a 9x12 pan and flatten out evenly across pan.
- combine chocolate and butterscotch chips into saucepan and melt over a double boiler and stir constantly. When melted pour over peanut butter mixture. Let it set.
- When set, cut into squares.
We made these as part of our Christmas treats for neighbors. Good to fill the bottom of a larger size tin. I wasn't expecting to LOVE them as much as I did. YUM! Thanks!
they were very easy to make and very much in demand by all. had to make 2 batches !
These were great. Easy to make and quick. I thought that the chocolate topping was a little to much in quantity, so I think I will use a little less next time (2 - 12 ounce bags instead of 16 ounce bags) Great recipe, Thanks!