Recipe by Teri G.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate rice crispy bars. I got the recipe from a friend of the family after years of begging for it. Everyone loves these, they have always been a big hit at the school sporting event snack stands.
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure out rice crispies and set aside in large bowl.
- In saucepan combine sugar and karo. Bring just to simmer, then add the peanut butter and stir. Do not let the sugar mixture boil.
- Stir peanut butter mixture into rice crispies and stir quickly. It will start to harden immediately. Pour mixture into a 9x12 pan and flatten out evenly across pan.
- combine chocolate and butterscotch chips into saucepan and melt over a double boiler and stir constantly. When melted pour over peanut butter mixture. Let it set.
- When set, cut into squares.