Recipe by alijen
Cute idea for the holidays! Little peanut butter reindeer with antlers and M&Ms for the eyes/nose. Haven't tried this yet (saw the finished result in a picture), but I certainly will- just wanted to get the recipe down. From CDkitchen.
Top Review by chefpam
I've made these before and like NightOwl was saying used the ready made peanut butter cookie roll. I pinched one end of the circle of dough and added the pretzels. I add the chips and I use red M & M's for the nose, but don't add those until after they come out of the oven. But add them immediately. They are a big hit with teachers and friends!
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 48 small pretzels
- M&M's plain chocolate candy (red and green, regular or mini)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat margarine, peanut butter, sugars, and egg thoroughly.
- Mix all dry ingredients (except pretzels and M&Ms) together and blend into margarine mixture.
- Roll dough into 24 large balls approximately 1 and 1/4" in diameter, and 24 smaller balls approximately 1" (a little less) in diameter.
- Position one small ball under one large ball on a cookie sheet, then lightly press down and together to form shape of reindeer.
- Press 2 pretzels into the top ball for antlers; add candy pieces for nose and eyes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Ideas: Red nose for Rudolph, brown for everyone else, and arrange in front of toy sled for edible centerpiece on kids' table.