Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is from Cookin' Cousins, who are affiliated with Honeyville Farms. If you don't have powdered peanut butter, I'd start with 1/4 cup of regular peanut butter and keep adding slowly until you have a mixture you can work with; i.e., roll into balls. Prep times doesn't include the time to cook and cool the quinoa. Cooking time is the time these need to sit in the fridge before serving.
- 1⁄3 cup powdered peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup oats (quick cooking but not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup craisins
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- If using powdered peanut butter, mix together peanut butter and water, then mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Otherwise, see description for using regular peanut butter.
- Place mixture/bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Spoon about a tablespoon and form into a tight ball. Place back in the refrigerator and allow to “set” for one hour.
- These need to be stored in the refrigerator.
Quick little pick me up healthy snack with just 2 Weight Watchers points per serving. This made 25. I used dark chocolate chips and omitted the pumpkin seeds. I think it would be even more awesome with toasted chopped walnuts instead of sunflower seeds.