Recipe by Debbie R.
This is from Cookin' Cousins, who are affiliated with Honeyville Farms. If you don't have powdered peanut butter, I'd start with 1/4 cup of regular peanut butter and keep adding slowly until you have a mixture you can work with; i.e., roll into balls. Prep times doesn't include the time to cook and cool the quinoa. Cooking time is the time these need to sit in the fridge before serving.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Quick little pick me up healthy snack with just 2 Weight Watchers points per serving. This made 25. I used dark chocolate chips and omitted the pumpkin seeds. I think it would be even more awesome with toasted chopped walnuts instead of sunflower seeds.
- 1⁄3 cup powdered peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup oats (quick cooking but not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup craisins
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- If using powdered peanut butter, mix together peanut butter and water, then mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Otherwise, see description for using regular peanut butter.
- Place mixture/bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Spoon about a tablespoon and form into a tight ball. Place back in the refrigerator and allow to “set” for one hour.
- These need to be stored in the refrigerator.