Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
As of late, I have really wanted to make treats from all my animals, it just seems like a better alternative, sometimes. I found this online, and have adjusted some of the ingredients to better suit my mastiff, Dexter. He shares this with his best friend, RIngo (the Boston terrier) and Pooch Pup, his neighbor doggie friend. Crunchy and they smell great too! Hope you and your pup enjoy a couple a day too.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or half and half regular flour and wheat)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, mix peanut butter and milk, then add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness and use cut out into shapes. (A dog cookie cutter if you have one).
- Place on greased baking sheet, and bake for 14 minutes. (Watch carefully so not to burn). Let cool on a wire rack, and call your dog while warm, but not hot. (Be careful here.).
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Wow Andsie :) These are perfect little cookies. The only change I had to make for my pooch (due to allergies to anything wheat) was I used a rice flour in place of the wheat flour. Libby absolutely loves these and actually was acting like a puppy again even though she is 13 yo. I just dropped using a small cookie scoop and flattened them a bit before baking. Worked fine. Made in honor of your being a winning fan of the Potluck Tag Game on Facebook! :)
What dog doesn't like peanut butter? My two woofed them down so fast I didn't get a photo. Will try again later. :) These are so easy to make and great smelling. You wouldn't know you were baking doggie goodies instead of the real peanut butter cookies. I got 20 good size doggie bone shapes and with the remaining dough I made peanut butter cookies shapes for them. I got an additional 10. Planning to keep them in the refrigerator in hopes they last longer. I'm sure that Zeke and Jake will be drooling for more. Thanks for posting. :)
The girls LOVE these. They were in full mooch mode before I even finished stirring them. I don't know how they knew the cookies were for them, but they did. Easy to make with common ingredients.<br/><br/>Thanks for sharing!