Recipe by Tierney's Mom
I needed to make cut-out cookies for my daughter's Scooby Doo party at daycare. I was too lazy to frost the cookies once they were made, so I adapted sugar cookie recipes to become peanut butter roll outs. Since the initial batch was cut in the shapes of dog bones and terriers, they are now peanut butter puppies. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter (salted)
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons powdered chocolate milk mix (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a team, beating between each.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to mixture.
- Dough will be firm.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Can be refrigerated overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Roll out chilled dough and cut into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle unbaked cookies with dry chocolate milk mix, if desired.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes.
- Prep time includes refrigeration time.