Be a nut and putter your bumpkins. Have your own pumpkin patch right in your kitchen. After reading Melanie's helpful review, I thought it best to emphasize that you should add sugar to the dough until it is very stiff and leave it at that.
- Melt butter in a large bowl and add a few drops of yellow and red food coloring, until mixture has a nice orange color.
- Add the peanut butter and confectioners sugar and mix together until a doughlike consistency is reached. (This means that when the dough is nice and stiff and it gets hard to add any more sugar, to let it go at that).
- Shape dough into small balls shaped like pumpkins; make ridges on the pumpkins with a toothpick.
- Add a small amount of green decorators icing to the top of each pumpkin for a stem.
- Refrigerate, if desired, to allow pumpkins to firm.
- Serve on a plate lined with toasted coconut and Halloween decorated cookies, if desired; these also look good on top of cupcakes.