Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This was sent to me through a newsletter that I subscribe to. I love PB & I love pumpkin. Interesting how the two shall meet.
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (you may substitute 1/2 teaspoon EACH ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 pint light cream (you may substitute half and half)
- unbaked deep dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs. Beat in pumpkin, sugars, peanut butter, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Gradually add light cream, beating until blended; pour into pie crust.
- Bake 65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- On wire rack, let cool.
- Garnish, if desired, with whipped cream.
I wanted to try something different for our Christmas dinner. Pumpkin and peanut butter taste pretty good together. the pumpkin pie lovers in my family seemed to like it. Thanks Kuuipo Reed Bullwinkle
This is a nice change from regular pumpkin pie. It definitely has the taste of both peanut butter and pumpkin. I liked it better refrigerated than hot out of the oven.