Recipe by VKuuipo Bridges
This was sent to me through a newsletter that I subscribe to. I love PB & I love pumpkin. Interesting how the two shall meet.
Top Review by bullwinkle
I wanted to try something different for our Christmas dinner. Pumpkin and peanut butter taste pretty good together. the pumpkin pie lovers in my family seemed to like it. Thanks Kuuipo Reed Bullwinkle
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (you may substitute 1/2 teaspoon EACH ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 pint light cream (you may substitute half and half)
- unbaked deep dish pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs. Beat in pumpkin, sugars, peanut butter, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Gradually add light cream, beating until blended; pour into pie crust.
- Bake 65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- On wire rack, let cool.
- Garnish, if desired, with whipped cream.