Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from a Georgia cookbook.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed 3 minutes.
- Spread into greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaning 1/2 cup brown sugar over top.
- Carefully pour hot water over the top.
- (Do not stir).
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Pudding cake rocks, I often make one for a simple weeknight dessert. With a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, maybe some chocolate syrup, this is a real treat. This recipe is more cakey than pudding-like. I felt the salt was a bit much and would probably cut it down to 1/2 teaspoon. Would also use smooth peanut butter, just personal preference. I used commercial peanut butter but would love to try this with the natural stuff. Thanks, Theresa, for sharing the recipe!