Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from a Georgia cookbook.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot tap water
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed 3 minutes.
- Spread into greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle remaning 1/2 cup brown sugar over top.
- Carefully pour hot water over the top.
- (Do not stir).
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Pudding cake rocks, I often make one for a simple weeknight dessert. With a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, maybe some chocolate syrup, this is a real treat. This recipe is more cakey than pudding-like. I felt the salt was a bit much and would probably cut it down to 1/2 teaspoon. Would also use smooth peanut butter, just personal preference. I used commercial peanut butter but would love to try this with the natural stuff. Thanks, Theresa, for sharing the recipe!