Recipe by Mami J
There are a few recipes for peanut butter pudding posted but none like this one. I liked it because it doesn't use eggs or instant pudding mixes. Haven't tried, but posted for safe-keeping. Courtesy of La Lechera sweetened condensed milk, 50% less sugar. Cooking time is the time it takes for the pudding to cool.
Top Review by Boomette
I thought I'd like this peanut butter pudding. But I didn't. It was too sweet. And also the peanut butter taste was not enough. It would have been better with more peanut butter I think. Or maybe use less water and replace with plain milk could help. It took a lot of time to get it to thicken. Thanks Mami J. Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (La Lechera 50% less sugar, or other)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup toasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- raspberries (optional) or strawberry, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine water with the condensed and evaporated milks, and the peanut butter. Bring to a boil over low heat, mixing constantly with a wire whisk. When mixture boils, add the dissolved cornstarch, and cook for 2 minutes or until it comes to a boil again, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Divide among 8 custard cups and let cool. Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with raspberries or strawberries, if desired. Refrigerate when cool.