Recipe by Caryn
A pudding recipe that I found in a Southern Living magazine (January 2000). Great for peanut butter lovers
Top Review by Missy Wombat
This is a very rich, very sweet pudding and for that reason I did not garnish it with the suggested garnishings. Half and half could easily be substituted with ordinary milk. You could also make do with about 1/2 cup of peanut butter if necessary. Substituting some of the sugar with maple syrup would also be yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- chocolate curls
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium-size heavy saucepan; gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat (pudding will be thin).
- Add peanut butter and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl; place plastic wrap directly over warm pudding.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Garnish, if desired.