Recipe by vitalev
Don't knock it til you've tried it! This is my absolute favorite breakfast/snack, invented out of the necessity (and ingenuity!) of a college student. NOTE -- I have also tried this just using one egg, and it turns out just as well (you can taste the PB even more!). It is just a matter of your preference.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Interesting flavor! I used less Eggbeaters as well since I'm not the biggest fan of eggs! (but love how healthy they are!). I also added cinnamon & Splenda to the batter, and used natural PB. Thank u for sharing!
- 2 eggs or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon natural-style peanut butter
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 dash salt
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with milk (or water, your choice). Add a dash of salt.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray.
- Scramble eggs in heated pan over medium heat. Alternatively, Eggs can be microwaved in a bowl for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Smear peanut butter down center of tortilla. Microwave for 10-15 seconds to slightly melt peanut butter.
- Wrap scrambled eggs in tortilla and enjoy!
- NOTE: I have tried this recipe using both non-natural and natural peanut butter, and and I HIGHLY recommend using the natural kind -- but if you have no other option, go ahead and use regular. Creamy works best!