Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I use to make this pb pancake for years and was astonished not to find it on zaar. After making Homemade Thick Vanilla Yogurt for the first time I thought it would be nice with my pb pancake - and here it is! This makes one large pancake for one person. Nice for breakfast, but also very good as protein rich after workout snack. I don't add any sweetener because the yoghurt is sweet enough for me, but if you like it sweeter, feel free to add sweetener to the yoghurt-blueberry mixture.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, natural style
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cottage cheese
- artificial sweetener, to taste
- Spray a non stick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium until hot.
- Beat egg, peanut butter, milk, soda and salt until smooth. If your egg is large, use a heaped tablespoon of peanut butter and maybe some more milk.
- Pour mixture into hot greased skillet and cook until surface of the pancake is no longer liquid (about three or four minutes; maybe reduce heat a little and cover the skillet so that the pancake doesn't burn).
- Flip and cook about two or three more minutes until done.
- Process yoghurt and blueberries (and sweetener, if you use it) to a smooth sauce, then stir in the cottage cheese.
- Transfer pancake to a plate and top with yogurt mixture.
Flavor = 5 stars; Ease of making = 3 stars. I could not get the peanut butter to blend in with the egg, even though I ended up using my immersion blender. And based on other reviewers, I was verrry careful, but still couldn't flip it completely. I liked the yoghurt/blueberry/cottage cheese blend! made for CCQ - Culinary Quest 2014
I got the kids to make these for our breakfast this morning and we loved them! I'm always on the look-out for recipes they will like and want to make for themselves, and this is going into that file. Peanut butter goodness and a great fruit and yoghurt topping! Wish I could give this more stars!!
This was so fun! I didn't have vanilla yogurt, so I used plain greek yogurt with some vanilla and a little honey added to it. As well, I was pretty hungry so I just mixed the cotage cheese and blueberries in instead of blending it up. Made for PAC Spring '11