Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These would be great for a party or Christmas tray. I haven't tried this yet, but the salty sweet combination has me intrigued, and then it's covered in chocolate, yum. From Girardelli chocolate site.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed pretzel
- 1 (12 ounce) package dark chocolate (Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers recommended)
- Line a baking sheet or tray with waxed paper. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter and cream cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100% power) for 30 seconds or until mixture is slightly softened, stirring once. Stir in powdered sugar and pretzels. Shape the peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls. Place balls on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave-safe container. Microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly (product keeps its original shape until stirred). If not completely melted, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating will cause wafers to burn.
- Using a fork, dip balls into melted mixture, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Place dipped balls back on baking sheet. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- To store, place in a single layer in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Prep: 30 minutes.
- Freeze: 15 minutes.
- Chill: 30 minutes.