Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla, beat in peanut butter slowly.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Stir into butter mixture, a little at a time, until well blended.
- Grease a tube pan; pour batter in and bake 45 minutes at 350°F; reduce heat to 325°F and bake until cake tests done, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped peanuts on cake towards the end of baking while batter is still soft to give it a crunchy topping.
Oh wow! A major diet breaker and worth every bite! I used creamy peanut butter, and then upped crushed peanuts to 1/2 a cup! This makes a dense cake, very rich, and a little piece goes a long, long way! Even better the next day with some Nutella spread on it! Thanks meow!, this was worth falling of the wagon!
this was great! I used half white sugar, half Splenda and 3/4 cup peanut butter and glazed with Recipe # 180800. Wonderfully perfect peanut butter flavor!
This was pretty good... the kids gobbled it down. Candy's the peanut-butter-aholic and she found it wasn't as "peanut buttery" as she would have liked. Perhaps we can come up with some sort of peanut butter glaze or something ;) Tom thought it was very good. We had leftovers smeared with Nutella... yummy!