Recipe by Harley Grandma
I first made this many years ago and my family always asks me to cook it when they come to visit. It is very simple and quite good, we serve it with some roasted garlic mashed potatoes and a steamed green veggie or a salad.
Top Review by chickawoman2
I have made this for 20 years. However, I make my own gravy..flour/butter and beef broth. I got published in a local cook book . Serve it over egg noodles..save the gravy for the top and...Potluck a favorite.
- 6 -8 butterfly pork chops
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion (cut into rings)
- 1 green bell pepper (remove seeds & cut into rings)
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly brown pork chops and remove from skillet.
- Mix brown gravy as called for on pkg less a bit of the water and add the peanut butter to the gravy.
- Stir gently while it thickens and add the pork back into the pan, salt & pepper,
- add the onion and bell pepper rings cover and simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes.