Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a touch addicting! So consider yourself forewarned! As far as treats go, these are pretty healthy! Found this recipe in the November 2008 issue of Family Fun magazine. (Note: "Cooking time" is actually cooling time!)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 cup granola cereal, with larger chunks broken up
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanut, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups plain popped popcorn
- Line an 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil.
- Heat the honey in a large saucepan until it boils, about 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until mixture is well blended.
- Remove the pan from the stove and stir in the granola (I use Cascadian Farms Organic Granola), the peanuts and the popcorn until everything is coated.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is cool, about 30 minutes.
- Cut the mixture into small squares and enjoy!
Too hard, not a good texture to these and the flavor was so so.