Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Simple & Delicious magazine
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chocolate-covered peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and pretzels; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, honey and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat. Pour into two greased 15x10x1-inch baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250°F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Break into clusters; place in a large bowl.
- Add chocolate-covered peanuts; mix well. Cool completely.
Wow this recipe is impressive! I really thought I was going to mess up but it all came together perfectly. Was a great treat for my son and his friend this weekend. The only slight change was that I did not have chocolate covered peanuts and just used dry roasted peanuts in their place at the end. Thanks for sharing a recipe I'll make again and again as a fun snack for my kids and their friends. Made for you win in Tic Tac Toe 2011.