Recipe by Elisa E
I just found this recipe, it is incredibly easy and soooo good!
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
This was pretty good as-is, but I think it needs a bit of fiddling to get my fifth star. I found that the honey flavor sort of overpowered the peanut butter flavor, so I think I will try this again with corn syrup in place of the honey to see if the peanut butter flavor becomes more dominant. Don't get me wrong, the flavor was good, it's just that I was expecting peanut butter and got honey. That being said, my culinary guinea pigs and I really enjoyed the combination of chewy and crunchy. I bet this would be wonderful with some sort of hardening fudge drizzle over it, too! Hmm, a project for another day (since I'm now out of popcorn lol). Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 08
- 1⁄4 cup unpopped popcorn (or 2 bags microwave popcorn)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a clean paper shopping bag or oversized mixing bowl.
- Pop the popcorn.
- Pour the popcorn into the paper bag or bowl to cool, being careful to leave any unpopped kernels in the pan. Coated with peanut butter caramel, the unpopped kernels are a serious tooth hazard.
- Mix the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for a couple minutes, then remove from the heat and add the peanut butter. Stir vigorously until all the peanut butter is melted, then mix in the vanilla.
- Immediately pour the peanut butter caramel over the popcorn and stir with a long-handled wooden spoon until it's all coated. Cover tightly after it's cooled.