Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sublime! The original recipe called for 4-8 servings, but I could finish this off myself in one sitting!
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup (or golden syrup)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml popped popcorn
- In small pan melt together corn syrup and sugar.
- Add peanut butter and melt.
- Be careful not to boil mixture too much, the peanut butter will start to burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir mixture over popcorn.
I have been making this same recipe for years. It is fantastic. It only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish and everyone loves it. Sometimes I use honey and/or maple syrup instead of corn syrup for a change in flavor. If you want a fast snack, try this!
Delicious snack that disappears all too fast. Instead of using corn syrup, I boil and reduce 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar together to make a simple syrup. Sometimes I'll have a batch of simple syrup on hand already. I don't like it either crispy or overly mushy, so I've found that pouring in the peanut butter mixture very slowly while tossing the popcorn constantly keeps it a better texture.
This is excellent, even if it does sound unusual. A nice change to popcorn.