Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is an energizing snack or lunch. The spread for these can be mixed up ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for several days. From Cooking Light (July 2006).
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high for 20 seconds.
- Stir in banana, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- Spread about 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture on each of 4 bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Lunch serving = 1 sandwich, Snack serving = 1/2 sandwich.
really good, really easy, and really filling. i've made this several times, just got around to rating it. i make this with dried cranberries. mmm.
Total hippie snack! For an even better treat: grill it like a grilled cheese sandwich using some cooking spray. Melty gooey pb with honey and banana .... sighhhh! Foodgasm! Thanks for posting. I have done every combo of "pb & ...." but had never thought of sunflower seeds!
so yummy!!! i was cravin a late night snack that wasnt the same ol thing and this was perfect!!! thanks!!!