Recipe by Vino Girl
This is an energizing snack or lunch. The spread for these can be mixed up ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for several days. From Cooking Light (July 2006).
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon salted roasted sunflower seeds
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at high for 20 seconds.
- Stir in banana, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- Spread about 1/4 cup peanut butter mixture on each of 4 bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Lunch serving = 1 sandwich, Snack serving = 1/2 sandwich.