Total Time
5mins
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins

Fun for the kids, not only to make and play with but to eat too!

Directions

  1. Combine all in a bowl.
  2. Mix with hands until smooth.
  3. Make sure to wash hands before playing with this and be on a clean counter if you expect that the kids will be eating this while playing.
Most Helpful

PLEASE PLEASE ask parents if their children have food allergies before doing any food craft or art. My son has a deadly peanut (and dairy, egg, chocolate and kiwi)allergy. Just being in the same room as this stuff could send him into anaphylactic shock and kill him within minutes. Painting with pudding is another dangerous one for kids with food allergies. It is estimated that one in eighty kids now has a peanut allergy and it's becoming more and more common (nobody knows why yet). Kids under four years of age aren't even supposed to be EATING peanut butter yet because it's so allergenic. We found out the hard way when my son grabbed my husband's sandwich and got peanut butter on his fingers. He broke out in hives and started wheezing. Thank goodness he didn't get a bite. Please be very careful when doing this project.

Amanda Proctor July 24, 2003

This didn't turn out very smooth - the powdered milk just didn't mix in well. The texture made it hard to work with and after a couple of days it crumbled. We did have a fun morning playing with it and I appreciated being able to use this recipe when I was out of flour to make regular play dough. We didn't try eating it.

4Susan March 10, 2007

Our older girls made this for the preschooler who spent much of yesterday morning playing with it on a piece of parchment paper. Of course , by the time she was done playing it wasn't too appetizing and so ended up being wasted somewhat. But it was fun while it lasted. ;o)

winkki November 22, 2005