Recipe by jalexandropoulos
My little sisters would eat this at preschool 30 years ago. We liked it so much, we got the recipe and baked it at home for a special treat. It makes a great lunch that kids love. This is not a desert, as you may assume. A unique and delicious combination of peanut butter and mozzarella cheese.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add oil and water.
- Spread out on a large pizza pan building up the edges.
- Let sit in a warm place for 15min.
- Bake for 15 min at 375.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter.
- Drizzle with honey.
- top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 min or until cheese is melted.
- You may use pitas (not pocket) instead of pizza dough, for individual pizzas.