Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My little sisters would eat this at preschool 30 years ago. We liked it so much, we got the recipe and baked it at home for a special treat. It makes a great lunch that kids love. This is not a desert, as you may assume. A unique and delicious combination of peanut butter and mozzarella cheese.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Add oil and water.
- Spread out on a large pizza pan building up the edges.
- Let sit in a warm place for 15min.
- Bake for 15 min at 375.
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter.
- Drizzle with honey.
- top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 min or until cheese is melted.
- You may use pitas (not pocket) instead of pizza dough, for individual pizzas.